Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I'll be home For Christmas

Let me just get the obligatory apology for not writing in a long long while: Sorry.   And now on to the post. Well it is that time of year again, Christmas. And as such many people travel home and I happen to fall into that category. Yes, I am home for Christmas. Traveling down familiar roads, seeing familiar faces and not having to eat Kraft Dinner.  It is a nice break from the everyday stress of school, papers, my crappy apartment, and the like.  However I must admit that I still tend to feel homesick over the holiday regardless of resting on old stomping grounds.  This Christmas is one, like last year that will be different from Christmas’ past.  The family is split up now so this makes Christmas kind of weird.  Opening presents without Mom and Christmas dinner without Dad are both firsts for me.  I don’t really like it but I guess this is part of life.

Yet as much as that sucks I’m sure Christmas will still be fine and we will get through it.  And there are better years ahead for sure.  There are certainly worse things in life.  Either way that is what I’m doing over the holidays so there you go.  If you are lucky enough to be able to spend this time with your family I encourage you to do so.  You never know what life will bring.

Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

John MacDonald said...

Merry Christmas Ben!! o_O

TTFn