Monday, February 27, 2006

Waiting Room

So I’m sitting here in the Sherwood clinic and its lots of fun like usual. I’ve had this bug for 2 weeks and at different points I was sure I had it beat but I’ve finally come to get some drugs. Man I hate being sick. My life operates at such a fast pace and I have so many things to get done so it makes slowing down very inconvenient and rather irritating. So I’m 24th on the list and they keeping calling people up to give their health cards I’m eyeing the people who are being called up and trying to remember if I was here before them. Man I hate waiting. I guess that’s just part of life…waiting. We live in such a world of convenience that when we have to wait for something (for once) it’s just a great big pain isn’t it. It really sucks sitting here because I know what it is I need and I just need to get it. I have something like strep throat or a virus of some sort, I take amoxisilian for it. It’s the same freaking thing every time. I wish amateur MD’s like myself could just to the pharmacy and request our antibiotic and get the heck out of here. But instead here I sit and they … oh they called my name! Ok so I’m ahead one step because I just gave my health card info… why don’t they file that information somewhere anyways? It’s the same thing every time. I mean, every time I run myself into the ground and get sick I always come here and every time I give them the same information. Card #, Dr., no allergies. How much space could that possibly take up. Not that it’s a big deal to give it to them every time. I just feel like complaining. I really shouldn’t even be writing this. I should be working on one of my many reports or assignments I have due. I just can’t seem to concentrate on them in here and I need to pass the time some how. People keep trying to look over my shoulder and read what I’m writing. Man I hope I get in soon. My throat is killing me, just on one side. And there seems to be a never ending mass of snot in my head and throat. I really would like to know how it all fits in there. Geez. I’m such an idiot. Normally as soon as I start to get the bug I just go to clinic right away, they give me some drugs and I pretty much avoid the whole thing but for some reason I decided this was a good time to tough it out. I’m insanely busy right now and just don’t have time to be sick and this is when I decide my immune system needs a challenge. The person beside me totally just coughed all over my arm. I hope whatever they give me cures whatever he has too! Geez. I really hope they call me soon… although they haven’t called anyone in a while. I just want to get out of here. My laptop found a connection but it’s a secured network so I can’t use it. No web surfing for the sick-o I guess. Well I’m getting bored with this and I’m sure you are too so I’m gonna see if I can occupy myself some other way. Hope you don’t get the bug… take your Flintstone Vitamins!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi im bob and im a aloholic let me tell u the kind of drunk i was i drank this mutch -----------------------------------------------

randy said...

Ok Bob I'm not quite sure who you are but you sound slightly frigged up in the head. Anywho, it sounds like you were very bored Ben and I sympathize. I was so bored that note only did I read all of your blog I kind of got into it. It is sad I know but that is just who I am.

ECbran said...

I know how you feel Ben, when I had strep I was stuck in a clinic waiting next to a lady that smelled like garlic. .you can imagine the pain. Eons later I'm called into a stupid little room and sit in a nasty, upright, back-killing chair for probably an hour BEFORE I even see a doctor. Well I thought I'd just complain back at ya, hope you feel better soon! Elise

Matt said...

Don't worry man. After you get married and start full time ministry, the stress just evaporates. (Riiiight...)

Katherine Karen said...

I love not being sick.
I thank the gallons of water I drink daily. Which I don't actually...and am really surprised I'm not sick yet ^o) I thought I had something...but then I didn't, maybe I'll catch something from reading this? hmm; its a possibility. I like waiting, if everything was at your disposal; where's the fun in that? Waiting allows you to sit back, relax and see how often you're absorbing. Like a conveyer belt...only after you had in that assignment, or take that exam you crammed for last night...I really don't know where I'm going with this actually, entirely...and I don't want my comment to be longer than your blog =/ when I could just be talking to you on msn :) BUT ANYWAY;

Patience is a good thing to have. Even if you're waiting to possess it.

BENJAMIN! get better real quick! <3
okay? thanks; bye!