Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Visiting

How about that, March has pretty much marched on by and the year will be 1/4th over soon. Man does time fly. This is even more apparent to me each time I travel home to NB to visit my family and friends. They have all changed so much over time while I haven't changed at all! Of course that's not true, it is really amazing to me how fast time goes by, how fast somethings change, and how somethings just never change.

Either way visiting home was a good time. I got to spend time with my Dad which I love to do. We all went for a walk on a really nice day and the dogs ran and played themselves right out. I visited with my Mom, we even went with my brother and his wife to see the new Ninja Turtles movie which was pretty good. I visited with my brother and we got to play hockey together which was awesome and watch some hockey too. And I visited with some dear friends of mine who I pretty much never see except when I am able to make a rare visit home. It was a good time but with the limited amount of time and so many people to see it just goes by in a flash. It sort of felt a little depressing piling in and driving away on Saturday but my life is here in PEI and life is good. I'm very blessed to have a wonderful wife and great family here. We have a good dog and lots of amazing friends we enjoy visiting with right here. As much as I miss my family from home I have to stop and give thanks to God for the ones who are here as well.

And speaking of visiting, I might have to so some of that today as there is an elevator that is going in here at the Church and the noise is driving me nuts. And speaking of driving my nuts, my buddies from Tremploy should be here sometime today. Yes it looks like a day to visit.

6 comments:

Katherine Karen said...

Indeed, hard to believe less than 40 days until my 1st year of post-secondary is officially completed. I can't wait for summer, nor to spend 4 months with my family. I enjoy looking ahead more so than behind because the possibilities are endless and you can't regret anything in the future. Although I don't regret past mistakes, its help me to become where I am today, but I am learning and growing in my relationship with the Lord and others around me, and that conversation we had at McDonalds will always stick. :)

Darrell said...

Oh how time flies by... I remember when I beat you up at youth group... or was it the other way around. Whatever! I could beat you now. Go Leafs!

Spiderdan said...

It was so nice to have you home Ben, can't wait till our next visit!

Katherine Karen said...

ps - yes I read the stuff in the section beneath your title on the main page of your blog.

Francine said...

It's awesome to be around the people who know you most...and still love you anyways.(I don't mean you personally are hard to love) I mean for any of us. We are so blessed if we even just have a few people like that that in our lives.

Samara Ashley said...

That is awesome, glad you had fun! Mail me a postcard next time!