Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Face it.

Well I guess it was time for me to face it. Over the past year or so I've received a number of "invites" for this thing called "Facebook." Now as far as I could tell this was yet another one of these stupid friends networks or birthday calenders that just took your e-mail, sold them to 100,000 different companies and then I get e-mails trying to sell me everything from breast implants to how-to guides to make my own beef jerky. No thanks. But I have been hearing more and more about this facebook program and how great it is and so just for fun I decided to check it out. Holy cow. So as it turns out everyone I have ever met just so happens to be on facebook. Lots of my family, my youth group, everyone I went to high school with. You are most likely on facebook. Its unbelievable. And so many people have SO much information about themselves on there (which can be a little dangerous) but it is insane just how many "friends" I have on my list in only one day. I joined yesterday and I have 80 friends this morning. We'll see how many "friends" I really have when I move and ask them to help me! But all in all I have to admit that this facebook thing that I made fun off and adamantly protested is actually pretty neat. It even lists how I know people. Which I still don't know how to do... can someone tell me please? ugg.

8 comments:

Francine said...

Much too confusing for me! I think I'm a computer genius since you set me up on blogger. Moves way too fast for 32, um I mean 29 year olds!

Chelsey Lee said...

when you go to your friends list you just click "how so you know..so&so".. then theres choices you can choose!

.....unless....you were kidding!

Darrell said...

It is a Cult Ben!... get away from it... I signed up just so people would leave me alone. Agh! Down with Facebook. (Those with Facebook, please don't hurt me)

Katherine Karen said...

Facebook Addicts

My name is Katherine,
and I have a problem.

It'll say "edit details" under Friend Details as to how you met that person, click on that and request confirmation. I'm sad to say, Back in February I was so lost...but now I can pretty much get around the site with my eyes closed =/

Samara Ashley said...

I usually just press random things and hope i get somewhere. It's like exploring

Andy Rayner said...

Media over load. I looked at Face Book when I first considered setting up My Fist & Second Blog. It really seemed more than I could process.
This from the AH-HEM Oldest person to post a comment so far.
I'm showing may age.

John MacDonald said...

I have three separate things that do the same thing... I'm sad. But Facebook is pretty sweet, I've reconnected with many of my old friends there... good stuff! and Darrell I will hunt you o.O

Anonymous said...

i was doubtful on it as well.. just another social network... but this one's really picking up steam in canada.