Wednesday, April 11, 2007

There's Always Next Year

Yes, there is always next year is that saying you hear often this time of year. When the playoffs start. This is the second year in a row that my beloved Maple Leafs will be watching the post season on television and that sucks. There were too many screw ups and blown opportunities down the stretch. It looked good last Saturday when the Leafs ended up rallying to find a win on home ice against the habs. I almost had a heart attack for the second Saturday in a row but was happy with the end result. If for no other reason then not to be tormented by habs fans. It didn't seem to make much difference however as New Jersey held our fate in their hands and decided they didn't care about the final game of the season. They only skated with any effort in the 3rd and lost in the shoot out. Oh my old friend the shoot out. And so my wife and I went outside after watching that game on Sunday afternoon and to show we are good sports and are still in good humour we made this. I hope you like it... i don't.

5 comments:

Francine said...

Wow, you are a good sport. Most would have made a snowman of the the team they didn't like. (Montreal for instance) I guess everybody's in the same boat (or golf course together:()

Tyler said...

Do you have a picture of when you beat that snowman with the golf club?

Katherine Karen said...

Leafs not making the playoffs? expected. :(
snow in April? surprising. :O
God's love for us? unconditional. :D

Lisa said...

As far as I can tell, neither the leafs nor the habs deserved to make the post season. They are the two most inconsistent teams in the NHL. If they decided to play every period of every game, theyd both be great teams. Unfortunaly, they both tend to not show up for at least one period per game. the last game of the season was a prime example.

James said...

I feel your pain and I feel pain for your snowman.