Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I Fought the Law... And I won!

Yes I fought the law... sort of... Let me explain. A few months ago, August 5th to be exact, I was pulled over by Charlottetown's finest. I pulled up to the stop sign by my apartment, where about half an hour earlier I saw someone else pulled over, I saw that I had time to pull out (after stopping) so I did. Then I see the lights flashing in my mirror so I pull over. The officer begins his song and dance but we're in the middle of an intersection so I have to pull around the corner. I end up moving again into a parking lot because he has no idea what to do with my out of province even though I explain that I am a student. He asked me if I knew why I was pulled over and I told him that I had no idea. He says I ran the stop sign and then held me up for almost half an hour getting me to move three times and had no idea what to do with me. Then he says you are getting a ticket for 70 bucks!

Now fast forward to yesterday when I took this issue to court because I did stop at that sign. And even if I hadn't, there was still no need to hold me up that long AND he should know what he was doing. So I ran all over town looking for a parking place, showed up good and early and waited for the worst. But luckily for me my case was "stayed" so I would say the City of Charlottetown had more important things to worry about then prosecuting me for stopping at a sign. So there you have it. Saving me 70 bucks and even more on insurance--because when points go down, insurance goes up--highlights my week already.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlottetowns finest, bla!, pulling over such an inoccent bistander like you Ben Foreman. They should be run over....By their own police cars and thrown into Charlottetowns finest donut shop where they are most of the time anyway, Tims. Their not cops, they truly are pigs, thinking of their stomaches all the time. They probably saw you and thought, hey lets bust this nice young man, then go get some chow at Tim Hortons, like donuts...yum...Word!, anyway I was hungry myself when I posted this and Tims is where I wanted to eat.
Anyways you rebellious Lawbreaker, ill see ya around
Darrell" The Cool guy, who I think is cool, and you do to....I hope" Haines, fun stuff
God Bless

James said...

Congratulations

Anonymous said...

you should get a plack!

Anonymous said...

u should of just showd them ur pythons and they would ran crying!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was totally wondering if you won, and kept forgetting to ask you. I only have one thing to say to you Ben Foreman..
NO LEFT TURNS!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Right on.
Ben one, dumb cop zero!!!!
woohooooo!