Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sportsmanlike

Let me tell this: When I was a kid, sportsmanlike is not an adjective you would use to describe me as a player in minor hockey. I was mouthy, had a short temper and my retaliation penalties were very predictable. Sportsmanship was something my father always emphasized. I can hear him still saying "just skate away, just skate away." I just couldn't do it.

Well Dad, that is all in the past! Last night was our final night of "Friday Night Hockey" of the season and Seraphim (who is awesome for organizing the ice time) had the 3 esso medals for us which was kind of fun. And holy cow, I won "Most Sportsmanlike!" So there you go Dad, your words didn't fall on deaf ears. James Stevenson: Most Improved, David Marshall: Most Dedicated, Ben Foreman: Most Sportsmanlike.

What a fun Season.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

whats up!! Way to go on being a good sport!!! You friggin wuss! Geez, fight back!!!!!!! Lol!! Kidding.
Sheesh!!
Have a wonderful day. PS, I actually have some computer access now! I can blog again!
see ya

John MacDonald said...

Nice nice... Congrats man. See you this friday MUHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Sara said...

Congratulations Ben!

Matt said...

Wow! And to think, I get to work with you. What an honor and a privilage. I wonder what award I would have won? "Best Trekkie Award"???