Friday, May 05, 2006

Tough Day


Some things in life are pretty easy and other days things are pretty rough. Today was rough. Today we said good-bye to a dear friend. A furry friend as well. Maxwell "House Coffee" MacKinnon was laid to rest today at the age of 15 years. He was the beloved dog of my finance's family. This afternoon we said our good-byes and gathered Max up into the van and headed into town. It was a long and difficult drive even for me and I have only known Max for a little over 3 years. We were almost there when we decided to take a detour to Burger King for a cheese burger and then on to McDonalds for an ice cream. He scarfed it down right away and was very relaxed.

Tonight we buried him and said good bye with a miniature service and a prayer. I don't know what happens to animals when they die but I would like to think that we will see the animals we love so much again and I do believe that Max is in a better place now.

God love you Max, thanks for the memories.

3 comments:

Spiderdan said...

That is tough, I know how you feel Jac.

randy said...

I am sorry to hear, well read, about Max. I know how it feels to lose a pet that you are very close to. I can't ease the pain but I guess I just want you to know that there are humans out there that care for you.

Anonymous said...

Ben, I would really like to say thank you for being there for us on that hard day. It really was tough and i appreciate how you have helped us through it. I miss
Max so much and I will for the rest of my life. Thank you for writing this it really means a lot to our family and me. It was a very nice thing for you to do.