Wednesday, December 20, 2006

So This Is Christmas

Well it seems that Christmas is ever so steadily creeping up on us and I'm not really sure what to make of it all. Christmas just isn't what it was to me, and I know those who know me know that, and I'm not going to whine about it but I'm just having a hard time getting excited about Christmas. I think it may be, in part, that each of the past several Christmases have been so different from the one previous. Not much is familiar so it all just seems strange and a little uncomfortable. I am excited about spending my first Christmas with my wife and the new traditions we will start but even as the day draws near and gifts are placed around the tree there is a certain angst that is surrounding this holiday for me. Maybe it is just predisposed at this point. I don't know. I don't want to be a Grinch or be a downer and I don't feel I have been, mostly. I just hope when the day arrives that I can capture a little Christmas Spirit. I'm sure I will. Though I'm not really basing that on anything.

Either way I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas with your family and friends celebrating the birth of Christ and enjoying the spirit of the holiday season. We all have lots to be thankful for and I pray that God would bless you over this holiday season.

Merry Christmas

6 comments:

Harley McCarville said...

Your Christmas spirit will arrive ... I find as we get older we are so focused on get everything done for Christmas (buying gifts, family get togethers, Business Christmas parties and trying to help those around us ... etc.!)that we don't really have time to relax & enjoy Christmas until the day has actually arrived. It will come ... and you, Jacolyn and your Pup will have a jolly old christmas!!!!

Merry Christmas to both of you. And tell "J" I'm sorry if I spelled her name wrong!

Spiderdan said...

Merry Christmas Ben, can't wait for you to come home.

Sara said...

I can relate with you Ben, Christmas doesn't seem all that exciting to me this year. Being away from home sucks and the in-laws are here so that makes me miss my family a little bit more. I am excited for you and Jac getting to spend your first Christmas together, Randy and I are excited about that too. You'll have to let us know how everything goes. We miss you guys a ton and we hope you have a wicked awesome Christmas.

John MacDonald said...

Just wishing you a very Merry Christmas and while I'm at it a swell new year too. Bah humbug.

Samara Ashley said...

Merry Christmas Ben!!
Don't worry, the Christmas spirit will come soon enough!

Tyler said...

Merry Christmas Jerk. Hope you, Jac, and Kade have a great Christmas!