Thursday, June 07, 2007

Duck Call

This post is to simply point out the fact that once the teams were determined for the 2007 Stanley Cup Play-offs I said the Anaheim Ducks would win it all. I wanted Vancouver to win, but the Ducks were my best guess to win the cup and that is what happened. Woot woot. Now, I guess I should also point out that aside from me being right (one of my favorite things) that the team the Ducks defeated were the Ottawa Senators. This made it much better as I am a Leafs fan and the Sens winning it all would be nothing short of a catastrophe. Something else rather noteworthy would be that Rob Niedermayer was able to capture his first cup with help from his older brother Scott. Scott has won a few before and even has a Stanley Cup ring from defeating Rob and the Ducks a few years back. However on this night it was nice to see Caption Scott raise the cup for mere seconds before handing it first to his brother Rob. Very cool. So I enjoyed the Stanley Cup finals all the way around and yes I already know that the Leafs had to watch it on tv so you don't need to point that out. Jerks.

5 comments:

Samara Ashley said...

I actuallyw atched some of that game! YESSSSSSSSSSSS go me!

Katherine Karen said...

two words: Quack Quack
in other words: Sens Stink!

Darrell said...

Glad to hear that you stayed on the going for the opponent of the Sens band wagon... a lot of Leafs fans hopped off into the Senators fans wagon.
Way to be a True Leaf Fan Ben. I was happy the Ducks won for the same reason.
Quack! Quack! the Sens totally choked again... you should check out my blog, I made a video.

Chelsey Lee said...

Horray for the Ducks! I knew they'd crush those senators into the ground they belong in........ wooo!!!

Anonymous said...

i was cheering for the ducks from the get go as well. they got more canadians than the sens anyways