Monday, June 18, 2007

Friends



I've sort of been reminded of this lately and I thought I'd share it with you. First off, the song above has been coming on the radio all the time and I love it, what a great song, make sure you read the words.

Real Friends, if you are lucky enough to have some, are one of the greatest gifts from God you could ever imagine. And I have said to my wife Jacquelyn how blessed I've really been in my life to have true friends like the ones mentioned in the song. I was reminded of it again as I preached a message on serving at the Church where I minister and covered Luke 5:17-26 where some men who presumably are a paralytic's friend take him to see Jesus to be healed but in order to get to Jesus they had to climb up on the roof, dig through and lower him down to Jesus! I received and e-mail regarding the message this morning (which is always nice!!) that concluded "oh to have such friends!" I nodded my head in agreement and then thought, oh to have friends like that? I know exactly what you mean. Again I been so blessed in my life to have friends that if I needed them, no matter what time, or how far away, they would be there without question. And I would be there for them. I count myself a rich man indeed to have friends, and much family too, where given the proper circumstances I would really find out who my friends are. And I would be pleased.

4 comments:

Spiderdan said...

So true

Stephanie Weare said...

I love that song... And it's so true. When you're in a jam you really do find out who your friends are. They're usually the ones either in the jam with you or on their way to bail you :D lol

See you at camp!

Samara Ashley said...

I love friends too Ben! and I love making friends so I can have many more aquaintances!

See you at lunch

(or camp, which ever may come first)

Darrell said...

Thats a good song. A song like that really sums up the last couple weeks for me Ben. In prayer for your ministry Ben, you have touched my life big time!
Thank God For That!