Thursday, April 14, 2005

Cyber-Jerks

So we’re still in the middle of finals and papers here and last night I was working on one of my many papers when all of the sudden I get a msn message from a friend of mine that read: “It’s you!” and then had a link that contained my e-mail address in its text. I thought that it might be a picture or something so I clicked on it, only to find that it was another one of those stupid viruses that totally mess up your system and send the virus to everyone on your contact list! I frantically tried to stop the thing and got signed out of msn before it was able to send the virus to everyone. So then I was up until almost two working on virus scans and getting my system cleaned out and everything else. I’ll probably wipe my hard drive once school is finished.

But man does it ever tick me off! Who has so little to do with their time that they sit around and make up these freaking viruses?!!! Sometimes I would really like to have a “conversation” with these guys. This is certainly not the time for this to happen. I still have a lot of writing to do and I need my computer to work. It seems pretty stable at the moment; every once in a while things kind of go wonky on me.

So I guess my point is that these cyber savvy morons are out there and want to mess up your computer. So when you’re on msn talking with your friends or even if you are set to away or whatever. If someone sends you a link, ask them if it’s safe before you touch it. If they don’t respond then don’t open it. Now I need to get back to trying to get my work done. Have a nice day and I hope yours is going better than mine.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

ah, friggin idiots.
Thats poopy for you. I hope everything works out for you.
And about the school work, it sucks now, but it will very soon be over. Keep on working!

Anonymous said...

That sucks man. That happened to me as well, twice! So i know what you are going through, well good luck with your school work and I hope you fix your computer. Well ttfn.
john