Monday, August 01, 2005

I Just Don't Get It

Well I can't believe it. The NHL is back with a face lift and a salary cap and teams are switching players left and right but I really didn't think the Leafs would let "One man wrecking crew" Gary Roberts get away. Sure, Roberts is 39, but scoring 28 goals and adding 20 assists in 72 games in 2003-04 puts him second in scoring behind captain Mats that year. He even wanted to stay in Toronto. How could they let him go!!! Stupid Stupid Stupid! I love the Leafs but man they do some dumb things. And now I hear rumors of them maybe accruing Lindros?! That would be terrible! And they've added Jeff O'Neal which is good I guess... but why are we wasting money on him and losing one of the best in the game?!!! We're also losing Nieuwendyk which sucks. I'll I know is that if we lose anymore good players like Alexander Mogilny and then pay for some bum like Eric Lindros then Leafs Nation will be in trouble! My grandmother (who doesn't even like hockey) would be a better choice than Lindros! Unless he does well upon which you can disregard all of this. At this point I'm hoping it's just a rumor. Either way we've lost Robs and I wish him and Joe the best of luck in Florida.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, I really didn't understand much of that blog, but I'm sure it meant something to you, I'm happy for you that you have your hockey back, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

There there, there there. Everything will be ok.