Monday, August 08, 2005

Taking It Easy

Yesterday was Sunday and for me, finally, it was a day of rest. We had church in the morning and ate at Wendy's like usual. Then it was nap time for a few hours which was so nice. Then my lovely bride to be and myself hoped in the car and drove out to the beach because it was just beautiful outside and we had yet to make it to the beach this summer which is terrible! Summer is almost over folks. But it was just nice to take the afternoon and spend it with her. It was just a really good time to look out on the water and just reflect on all that God has provided. Even the opportunity just to hang out at the beach with this wonderful person that God has placed in my life. I'm often guilty of placing her on the back burner sometimes and getting caught up in all the things I busy myself with and I need to watch that. I'm very blessed and I needn't take her for granted. Either way it was just nice to take the whole day and spend it with her. We came back from the beach, got cleaned up and she made supper, I did the dishes and we just hung out for the evening. It was just a super day and reminded me of what a blessed person I am.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow, that was super sweet Ben! And your friggin right that your blessed to have you know who, I can never spell her name right...Jacqueline, yeah, something like that, anyway, God is good, and he has good placement techniques too...if that made sense.