Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Flu: Not feeling very lovely

I woke up on Monday with "The Flu." No big deal right? Why just the night before I was commenting how lucky I was that I hadn't caught it yet and it was almost spring. Well I caught it. And it had to be the worst case of the flu I have ever had in my entire life! I was freezing cold, sweating profusely, my back was killing me, my head was pounding, I was so weak I could hardly walk, I was coughing and hacking up grossness, couldn't keep any food down (still having some issue with that) and power puking all in between. I have never had the flu like this and have resolved to get a flu shot next year to prevent this evil bug from entering my system again!

On the first day (Monday) my 6 month old pup Kadin hopped up on the bed to keep me warm while I was freezing. And I felt horrible yesterday, not only because I was still feeling very sick but also because my poor little pup got "fixed" as they say yesterday and was feeling the effects of being very sore and her stomach wasn't feeling the best after her operation so she was sick in the truck and then on her mat. She wouldn't eat until the this morning but is still very low key. Especially considering most of the time she bounces off the walls.

Still not feeling very good today but I have to get some things done so hopefully I can get some things accomplished before I pass out from the pressure in my head. Ah life is good.

Oh yeah, Have a "Lovely" Valentines Day. I know I will. Cough, hack, weeeeeeez..... Thud.

4 comments:

Spiderdan said...

That sucks!

Anonymous said...

Oddly i found my yearly case of the cold was aboput 100x worse also, only to find out it had gone from a normal head cold to a chest cold. It seems the viruses are getting stronger as the years go by. BOO ON THEM!

Katherine Karen said...

I've avoided the college plague thus far. :D and my birthday was awesome, thanks!

The Bridges said...

I had the flu shot because of work and I still got the flu...on new years eve no less! the shot isnt all its cracked up to be...
-Kia