Saturday, June 17, 2006

Breathless


Sorry to disappoint folks, but this post is not about a breath taking beauty, but rather the breathlessness I speak off (in between short gasps) is what I am mananging to get out after I have returned from taking a little rip on my new bike. And by this I mean bicycle, not motorcycle though I wish it were the latter.

I haven't had a bike in a while since the last one got stolen, but I ain't bitter, so I was a little out of it, but not to worry, It's just like riding a... well you get it. So the peddling and such I can handle but what made this whole ordeal so "blogworthy," (like that takes a lot) is that I am out of shape! Pathetically so. I mean, I went from my place to the Church which is NOT far at all. I even stopped to look at a corolla that was for sale on the way. (95 with almost 250.000 on Oak Dr if you are interested... I'm not) Anyway, when I got back to my apartment I was so winded I could hardly lug my bike up the stairs. I really gotta get more active before camp rolls around or I'm gonna die. Good thing I might be playing hockey again soon. I need to get in shape! This is just sad.

6 comments:

Katherine Karen said...

I'm like that too in a sense - we (I) need to realize that just because we look 'good' on the outside, does not necessarily mean our body is doing well on the inside.

After all, the body is a temple.

James said...

Your right fatty, I should get in better shape too for camp. But than again, I just hide all my muscle very well...way too well.

Matt said...

It just gets worse my friend, the older you get. I am winded from just typing.
P.S. I'd get the Corolla over the Sunfire anyday.

Lisa said...

totally with Matt on that one. Get a toyota. Actually, get a Honda. Actually, just dont get another Sunfire or Cavi

Anonymous said...

Ben maybe you should try riding a stationary bike first. (no hills,no wind, only the wind you create yourself.)

Anonymous said...

hehe, i cant wait till camp! im going to kick all of your lazy butts...at everything :)