Tuesday, June 27, 2006

God is good and He is in control

Sometimes life turns out exactly the way you thought it would and other times it turns out so completely different that you are completely blindsided by the whole thing.  I can make all the plans I want, check and double check their security, and even so things can turn out totally different then anticipated.  Sometimes that is tough, even heartbreaking.  But even when everything is wrong and you feel completely out of control, that is ok.  Because God’s wisdom is much bigger then ours and this is something that will build a real trust and faith in him.  (one sentence starts with “but,” the next one with “because,” grammar teachers everywhere have broken out in a cold sweat)

The thing is that God has a plan… even when I don’t understand it or know what it is.  But I don’t have to.  What I do have to do is trust that He is good and that He is in control and even though I may have to endure some unpleasantness He is Lord so I will trust.  This all sounds pretty easy eh (yeah right) but I need to decide what my attitude will be.  I am doing my best to stay positive no matter what comes my way.

At the end of the day, Christ is still Lord and I will trust him.

6 comments:

John MacDonald said...

That is so true. I think we forget that we just need to trust in Gods plan (at least I do). That was my thought of the day (literally). So uhh... Don't... get dysentery.

TTFn

Ben said...

haha! Thanks John

Spiderdan said...

His strenth is perfect in our weakness

Katherine Karen said...

God doesn't give us more than we can handle <3

Patience and Persistance!

Lisa said...

God is confusing

Samara Ashley said...

God is the best ever! Trust in him .. . Always. God will provide.*