Friday, June 02, 2006

Eyes on me

So being recently married meant a change in living accommodations for my wife and I and we are in an apartment that is not quite set up yet. We have also recently been on a curtain kick. And by we I mean my wife. Well I've finally started to get the message as she asked me one night last week, "Can you look out the office window and tell me if there is someone looking in here?" I assured her that no one would be looking in but said I would check anyway. And holy crap there was someone staring in! In the apartment building right next to us there was someone holding open a slit in the blinds showing only a pair of eyes that thought if they didn't look right at me I wouldn't see them. CREEPY. So the other night I was working in my little office at the apartment and I was "ready for bed" as I worked. I was working until about 1am when I glanced over my shoulder though our window that still doesn't have blinds and saw those same eyes staring at me! It scared me half to death and as I looked back, he didn't even move! He slipped back behind the blinds but his freaking light was on so I could still see the silhouette of him standing there and pulling the blinds aside every now and again. Very creepy. So the point is that OUR blinds are going up TODAY. And every window will now have curtains or blinds.

So if you are at your computer (not a big leap, but I'm there) and perhaps it's night time, you may want to look out your window to see if anyone is watching... It is possible

9 comments:

Spiderdan said...

Weirded out...

Katherine Karen said...

horror movie potential? i think so!
its kind of sad that maybe that person has no life, and has to live characteristically through you two...even worse. oh boy. its a good thing you've got those windows covered, lets just hope phone lines aren't connected or anything, and those 'eyes' can 'hear' your conversation(s)

dun dun dun

but if it was me, i'd march right over to his window, or locate his room, and be like "hi! happy unbirthday to you! lets party" and it would be sweet and such, ...

but not really =/ hehe
its just like me to make silly of a serious issue. but yeah
curtains, good, I've always liked curtains, I'm not sure why, maybe for this particular reason...hmm

Lisa said...

I cant believe you saw me, I thought I was hidden....

ECbran said...

Thanks a lot Ben, there's a honkin huge window right next to my computer. . . .ugh. . jerk! hahaha no seriously that's creepy and I suggest waving next time

John MacDonald said...

And I thought Toronto was bad!

Robbie Sevilla said...

Hmm, I saw John Macdonald the other day staring at my window....probably not at me but my carpet.

Rodney Olsen said...

You should mess with his head. Make sure he's watching and then fake a murder in front of the window. :)

Ben said...

HA HA HA! That would be too funny!

Lisa said...

that reminds me of the time my brothers noticed that the neighbor was watching us for behind his van. he was spying on us, like he didnt know welived there. We alldidnt have keys, so we had to go in the window. So,since he was spying, we thought it would be funny to pretend to rob the place. So we did. We left all the lights off, put on winter hats, and took flash lights and started carrying stuff out to my brothers car. Things like the tv, stereos and such.Well, police were called, wegot in some big trouble with my parents, but it was friggin hilarious!!! My dad didnt think so.