Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Birthday Blog

Well today I turn 22 years old. Wow-wee. Last night I was young out back splitting wood by hand. Today I feel old and sore. Not really. I don't really make of birthday's. Not my own anyways. In fact I forgot it was my birthday this morning when I woke up until my wife wished me a happy birthday.

This birthday is a little different however. This is my first birthday as a married man and it is also the first time that I can remember where my twin brother Dan and I have been apart. (his birthday today too for anyone who might be a little behind) I've missed him a lot since fall arrived. We always lived apart in the summers but we always would be together again in the fall. It is still kind of weird to me not to have him close by where I can see him anytime I want. We still call a lot and stuff but it's still not the same. When you are a twin, your twin is a big part of what makes your birthday special. It's funny how when you're a kid you think it's kind of lame to have to share your birthday but now at 22 I'd like to be in Burtt's Corner or have Dan here in PEI.

He's my best friend (besides my wife of course) and I guess after 21 years of living together it takes a while to adjust. So here is something that only he, and maybe a few others will get on our birthday.

"Happy happy birthday on your special day!
Happy happy birthday in a special way NOW
Happy happy birthday may all your dreams com true
Happy happy birthday from all of us to you!"

Wheres my french fries, I've been here for four days!!!

And this is a look back at those 21 years from the toast I made for Dan's wedding stealing the song he used for mine. Happy Birthday Dan.

13 comments:

Spiderdan said...

Thanks for making me cry at work on my birthday! I miss you man, can't wait to see you next week!

Anonymous said...

ben, your not old your one of them guys who gets cooler with ago,like tommy lee!

lori-is-weird said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Samara Ashley said...

It's okay Dan, even though I can't relate I still almost cry. Happy birthday boys!

Allison L said...

Happy Birthday :)

Tyler said...

Happy Birthday Ben! You too Dan! :)

Ben, you can't be old! Because you're only a few months old than me! And I'm NOT old!!!! I refure to believe it :P

Tyler said...

Great slideshow by the way...it's awesome that you have videos from when you were young like that!

Katherine Karen said...

My sister's birthday is Feb. 10th, and mine is the 14th. It'll be the first time we won't celebrate together :( besides the 5 years I celebrated on my own before she was born...but still
"You are loved more than you could ever know" RSJ <3

Happy Birthday Ben and Dan! :)

Laura said...

Happy Birthday boys.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't forget(I just didn't post yesterday)!

Chelsey Lee said...

happy BE-lated birthday

Trooper said...

makes me miss my brothers...:(

James said...

I miss Dan too