Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sawin Wood

Last night after I picked up my lap top from Future Shop (Yessssss!) I checked my messages and heard a message from by good buddy Jason who told me if I wanted to get some of the winter's wood sawed up that he'd give me a hand. This was very helpful seeing as he has a chainsaw and I don't. So I grabbed my work boots and headed out the door and we arrived at the wood pile and got a good bunch of wood sawed up given the time we had. I really enjoyed it. There really isn't anything fun about it really, I'm not all to sure why I find it so relaxing. You have to move and lug heavy logs, smell chainsaw exhaust, get sawdust in your eyes and it can be hard work. But the sweat, wood, and the smell of the saw really took me home. I couldn't help but think of the many years I lived at home and we put wood in every year. We always did it together. My Dad, my brother, Chimo (supervisor) and I. And we would often have some other family help as well. Again it was hot, hard work but when I look back on it I can't help but think, "Man, that was fun." I guess sometimes you don't realize the fun you're having while you're having it. Those were good days and I guess I really miss them a lot sometimes.

6 comments:

Spiderdan said...

I miss those days...

Lisa said...

yea, i miss those days....

Anonymous said...

i wish i could miss those days....

Robbie Sevilla said...

me too i miss them a lot

Katherine Karen said...

I miss home, and all the honesty I was surrounded by...

:(

Samara Ashley said...

I miss home too.
But I have cut wood before, but with an axe, I could barely lift the axe, and when I did i fell backwards . .. . It just kinda makes you think . . .