Monday, September 25, 2006

I'm in

Well it's been a long road but I have finally been voted in as the Associate Minister at the Sherwood Church of Christ. It is certainly nice to know this is where we are going to be and we are excited to be here. We are also excited about all the new things we are experiencing in life. My wife and I are almost completely moved out to Canoe Cove and it is wonderful to live in the country again. I will post a pic later of the view from our back deck. We have our HOUSE (not really ours, we just live there but still!) pretty well set up and its not even embarrassing to have people over! It is wonderful to be out of that apartment with all the crazy's.

Side note
We had a neighbor who lived above us and across the hall who liked to borrow things a lot and while we were moving some of our furniture she actually asked me if we were moving out or moving in! She comes to my door all the time and I've lugged her groceries upstairs countless times! Moving out or moving in!!?? Holy cow.

So its nice to be out there and its wonderful to BBQ, Thanks Dan and Janelle! I'm enjoying this time in my life with my wife and I am feeling blessed today indeed!

13 comments:

Robbie Sevilla said...

YAY, good to hear that you got it. Just wanna say you will do amazing things with Sherwood and many more stuff taht I can't think of....go benny!!! By teh way, leafs lost yesterday :(

randy said...

Congrats Ben! God will use you in great ways at Sherwood because I have seen it first hand. God will bless your ministry there.

Katherine Karen said...

Well, apparently Robbie and I are married. I love the Maritimes!

Lisa said...

God is definately using you to show the youth in Sherwood Jesus. You are young and new and you have a fire in you that can be seen by anyone. You want to be used by God. As the years pass and time marches on Ben, please dont let that fire die. Im sure you know that the church is people, and as such, it is flawed. You will be hurt and let down and burned. But dont ever stop serving. And also Ben, if you ever find yourself running on your own strength, being stretched in a billion different directions and having a billion things to do. Stop. And let God take care of everything. Your ministry is not because of your power, it is all Gods. Don't go it alone Ben. Dont think that you can change the world. You can't. God can. No matter how long you are at Sherwood or where else you end up in the future, with God as your strength, with God as your light, with God as your head, you will survive, and you will see hearts and lives changing by the power of Jesus

Samara Ashley said...

GOOD FOR YOU BEN!!!!
That's funny with the woman, I laughed! Yeah Caity and Robbie are married. BUT DID YOU KNOW THAT Darrell and I are married, and I am dating Ryan .. . I too enjoy the maritimes!!!
The best of luck with your new job!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

it's gonna be some good times with you at sherwood, but don't pick on me too much

Trooper said...

Who else would have been? LIKE SERIOUSLY? you da man ben.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everything has worked out. Congrats! Can't wait to come visit you guys at the new place. Take care man.

John MacDonald said...

benny?

Tyler said...

Guess I only commented about this on the Youth Group blog.

Anyway...congrats Ben! I didn't have any doubt you wouldn't get in, for Sherwood would simply not be the same.

Glad you're enjoying the house at the camp as well :)

Darrell said...

Mr. and Mrs. Darrell Haines... lol
thats funny but who knows. Samara sweet heart, I am sorry but its time that we part ways.
Just kidding, maybe Ben will marry us....just kidding there too.
Sorry Robbie, shes all yours, I mean .... Robbie dont hurt me.

Robbie Sevilla said...

you bes be kidding HAINES....i know where you sleep

ECbran said...

wait. . .who married who now? Well good job Ben, I hope you have a thrilling experience at Sherwood.