Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Mother Load

So this was quite a busy weekend and I have lots to tell you a bout so strap yourself in and here we go!

In The Box

This week good friends of mine Andrew and his Dad Phillip gave me the opportunity go work the penalty box doors For... Your PEI ROOOOOOOOCKET! (as Kirk says) So that was really cool and a very neat experience. And apparently, as Friday night's game was televised, I was on TV while there was a bit of a crowd in the box. Did it Friday and Saturday. Leafs won over the #1 Sabers that night too! Woot!

Black Eyed Me... Part 2

So I got a new helmet CCM with TML blue (snazzy). AND I didn't find the time to take the visor off my old helmet and put it on the new one besides the fact that I find the visor kind of annoying anyways. As I played on Friday night I liked my new helmet and found I would see a lot better without the foggy plastic in front of me. That was until there was about 7 minutes left and when two sticks collided with the puck it flew up my stick right into my left eye. (This has happened before!) So I covered my eye, crashed into the boards and fell to the ice. When I removed my hand I couldn't see anything out of that eye. But only because of the blood. My eye is perfectly ok and the cut wasn't very bad at all. I slapped a band-aid on there and went back out. And the sub-title is a little deceiving because the eye never did turn black. It actually looks pretty good. Here is a pic. I'll put up a pic later of how much worse it looked last time when the cut was further away from my eye and needed stitches. (tho he just glued it) Either way my eye is looking and feeling fine. Though I'll have to put off those grad pics for a little longer... sorry mom.

Rats Rats, Double Rats

Well it was mildly annoying when we thought we had mice (which we still do) but I think the mice will be gone soon. Not because we have killed them off, though we have killed some, but rather because I would guess that the RATS will eat them!!! AHHH! The one I saw was friggin huge AND he got out of the friggin glue trap! He pulled a brick on the trap and used it to pry himself off! So I'm not sure what the next step will be. I even had a conventional trap set. He snagged the bait and didn't even set off the trap!!!

Well there ya go. 3 posts in one! I'll post again soon when I hope my life is a little less interesting! Rats.

7 comments:

Harley McCarville said...

just think ... you probably wouldn't have even gotten cut over the eye of your hair-dresser hadn't trimmed your eye brows (or what was your unibrow)!!!

randy said...

I will comment on all three posts in one comment. Sweet, ouch, dang.

Darrell said...

That just about sums it up Randy... Ben I would sum it up with ha ha ha!, just kidding, man that stinks, "Rats!." I would hate to say it Ben, but the women knew best this time... Good Call Jaqueline!

chelseylynnpalmer said...

good job Zealander! haha love ya cousin ben!

Samara Ashley said...

I like how the new mark is right by your old one on the same side!

John MacDonald said...

You should get snakes to eat the rats. Then some sort of ape to eat the snakes. Worked for me

Lisa said...

have fun with the rats and squirrells and whatever else lives in your cottage