Friday, November 03, 2006

All in my head... or on it

So yesterday after our men's breakfast (oh how I love and NEED the men's breakfast) I went to get my hair cut at the mall. I hate paying so much for a haircut when I'm used to paying like 7 bucks at home. Either way I went into the mall to get my hair cut. I plopped down on the chair and had a good conversation with the girl that cut my hair, she was really nice. However something a little different happened. After she trimmed my beard a little and my side burns she did something that no other hair dresser has done to me before. Without warning she grabbed a comb, ran it through one of my eyebrows and said, "Why don't we fix this?!" and ran the trimmer over the comb. She then proceeded to do the other eyebrow and THEN!!!! She took the trimmer without the comb and eliminated my unibrow!!!! I couldn't believe it! I was sitting there in the chair dying, trying not to laugh. My poor unibrow! I had flashbacks to an appointment in that same mall where, while washing my hair, one lady helpfully suggested, "We do eyebrows ya know!" To which my reply was that I'd stick with just the one. Unreal. So I no longer have my beloved unibrow.

Then in the afternoon I was off to the dentist where I had another new experience... Floss. I don't floss, never have really. And now I think I know why. Because it freakin hurts!!!! Ouch! It was agonizing. My gums hurt and bled so much. They still hurt today. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have nightmares about floss.

But the hair and teeth are lookin good! I guess it just hurts to look this good!! Oh yeah.

12 comments:

Spiderdan said...

Well the Foreman jeans are the smartest but they sure are good looking! Keep up the good work Ben, ya handsome devil!!!

Samara Ashley said...

When I was 12 I went to the hairdressers, the lady asked me what I wanted, and I said a trim. My hair was hlaf way down my back, so it was quite long... Then out of nowhere, she gives me a bowl cut....Worst experience of my life

Anonymous said...

since you're so good looking right now... it might be a good time to get that grad pic taken...xo

Robbie Sevilla said...

I don't know Benny, I think Dan has the better looks. And going to the dentist is quite a journey. I think the last time I went I lost a lot of blood because I felt dizzy after. But hey, keep TRYING to look good.

Trooper said...

At least you didn't have to get your eyebrows plucked right? that's not a cool experience.

Anonymous said...

Your not the only one with a unibrow!lol...Now your not in the club, how disappointing!

Darrell said...

what club, the only club Ben needs to be in is the Leafs Nation, and besides that, if he is in the good looking club, thats the one I am president of. Remember if the women don't find you handsome, they will at least find you handy!...."They Find me both" lol...Why am I laughing, its True!

Lisa said...

i hate flossing, I sometimes get on these kicks where I am definately going to take better care of my teeth so I go out and buy floss, I use it once, bleed a bunch and throw it out.

Anonymous said...

i went to church today:)and i brought Erik with me!

Tyler said...

Lol, way to go Ben. They do say 2 heads are better than one...but I don't know about 2 eyebrows...feel any smarter?

Or maybe double the whatever eyebrows do.

Anonymous said...

Ben, do you by any chance know any bible verses off the top of your head that could help me with my debate. i am against emergency contraceptive. Ex: RU 486 which is a pill that causes an abortion.

randy said...

Ben, speaking as an avid unibrow supporter, I must say I know your pain. You loose a little something inside of you when the unibrow goes. I fortunately have never had that happen do to my deication to a nice thick bushy unibrow. I like to think of it as my calling card.(Pumpkin)My friend I am grieving for your unibrow. Two eye brows is like having having two kids instead of one. twice the maintenance as one but you now have one that is expendable.