Thursday, October 28, 2004

Kids Today

Hello faithful readers... I mean, mom.

It has been a few days since my last entry and so here is another.

The eXalt conference is done again for another year and it was GREAT! It was called "Meant To Live" this year and we had a blast. I was continually impressed by the youth, they were just great. We had great worship times; there was a great speaker, great talent show with great judges. It was all... GREAT! I very much enjoyed the weekend.

I would also like to update you on the youth group end of things. Even though we didn't have too many out to the conference from our group at Sherwood, youth group is very good this year. We've made some changes but mostly it is going so well because of the amazing group of youth we have. They continue to impress me. I love it.

And that is why it drives me bananas when people crap on our youth. I'm not saying we have a big problem with that specifically in our area, but really folks, how many times have you heard something negative start with "kids today..." Sure, they are definitely different, but so are today's adults! Sometimes I think we judge other groups (myself included) to distract attention from flaws in our own lives. There is a radio script on http://www.lifelinepro.com/vote_for_scripts.html titled "Kids Today" that you should listen to. A lot of Life Line Productions are funny but some of them really hit home too. Check it out and see if your problem is where you think it is.

1 comment:

ECbran said...

So true! I've been treated evily <--(is that a word?) just for being a teenager. I think kids should be respected too if they're expected to respect adults.