Monday, May 09, 2005

Spring Cleaning

No school and no work over the past week and for this week as well, is giving me lots of time. And I may choose to use (nice rhyme) that time in any way I please. Last week I spent it sleeping in, relaxing, reading… reading is kind of a strange one considering I just finished the school year and couldn’t wait to not have to read for a while and now I find myself reading “The Great Divorce” by C. S. Lewis. And I’ve had some time to spend with God and really examine and clean out some parts of my life—my spiritual life and relationship with God.

Now for this week I have started the cleaning project that is my room. Fairly disgusting. I’ve just picked up all the waste, compost, and paper and sorted it and I’ve thrown all my dirty laundry out in the hall. The clean laundry and books that I have no room for on my book shelf are on my bed which hasn’t been made or changed for months! Ewwwww! And there is still much to be done with this room of mine. My closet, desk, dresser and book shelves are disasters that need attention. I really can’t believe I let it get this bad.

But you know, as I look around my messy room and as I’ve sorted through my messy life I’ve seen similarities in the two.
1. If you don’t pay attention to their upkeep they will get messy sooner than you think.
2. If you don’t take care of clutter and problem right away, they build up pretty high pretty fast.
3. When you finally go to clean them out sometimes you find things that you forgot were there and should have been removed a long time ago!
4. And finally when you get through the process, yet again, you feel much better.

So I hope that you’re keeping your room and your soul kept up to snuff and if not, God is waiting to help with a mop and pale in hand… for your soul that is… it’s a metaphor… you’re on your own with the room thing.

No comments: