Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cha cha cha FIESTA!


Well folks another summer is drawing to an end and that can mean only one thing. VBS (VB-Stress) time! Ya-hoo! And this year we are doing a Mexican Fiesta theme. We have 70 plus kids running around learning about Jesus, singing songs, making crafts, playing games and eating some pretty good food. And as stressful as it all can be it really is an awesome thing to see the kids shouting and remembering things like Jesus is our friend, Jesus is our life, and Jesus is our Leader! Viva!!!! (those are the ones we've done so far) They jump and shout this among their peers. It sort of makes me think. Would I do that? Jump and yell about my love for Christ and what he has done for me. Would you? I think these kids possess something very special in their lack of fear to participate in something like this. Not many of us beyond the age of school will do much more then come and watch whatever is happening up front at a Sunday service. We seem to be fine until something is required of us. So as we teach these kids lessons I think I need to learn a few of my own from them. Maybe you do too.

7 comments:

ECbran said...

Thankfully our "underwater" vbs is done, it was good though, the kids really liked the songs and beating up our male helpers HA. so yeah enjoy that. .really

Samara Ashley said...

I agree Ben. The kids we did VBS with really enjoyed to sing about Jesus. I liked watching them go crazy when we danced to a song called John 3:16. Oh yes, the fond, fond memories.
enjoy the rest of the week!

Spiderdan said...

Glad to hear you are living La Vida Loca! uggg.

Anonymous said...

Viva! you should've kept wearing the big sombrero ben. =P

Anonymous said...

good point but just one good picture please

Lisa said...

i miss everything on account of havinga job

Anonymous said...

yeah i look awesome in that picture but ben looks a little red