Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It's Coming

Well folks it is coming. The air is getting cooler the leaves are looking a little droopy, all sorts of magazines with all sorts of predictions are coming out. That's right, hockey will soon be back in full swing. Last night I was @ the Super Store with my lovely wife (because that's what you do in the evenings for fun when you're married) and I decided after reading an article on Mats Sundin to sport my 3rd Leafs Jersey with "7" "ROBERTS" on it. It caught the eye of a fellow fan and he struck up on conversation with me about the upcoming season and the offseason's activities. Man I love that. Whether you love hockey or hate it you have to admit that it brings people together and anytime during the season in the Maritimes anyways (probably all over Canada) you can strike up a conversation about hockey. I love it. I can't wait for this season and I can't wait to play.

Go Leafs Go

4 comments:

Spiderdan said...

The other day my habs hat did exactly the same thing! I can't wait for hockey. S'glad.

randy said...

oh. I will miss that. I will get to see the Blackhawks though. sigh. I better be against Montreal.

Lisa said...

David is a Blackhawks fan, I didnt realize there was such a thing as a Blackhawks fan til I met him!!!

Matt said...

Yeah, I remember the summer where Start Trek The Next Generation left off it's third season with Captain Picard being assimilated by the Borg and Riker had to choose whether or not to destroy the cube before they lost the chance to do so. Ah, the bonding we had that summer...sniff, sniff. Good times, good times...