Thursday, November 25, 2004

8 items or less

Christmas shopping is something that can be very easy or very stressful. Mine is mostly done now so that is a happy thing because I really hate going to the mall and especially wall-mart in December. I had my shopping for this holiday season partially done in July so that makes it easy. Because I, personally, cannot stand it when I'm stuck in a crowd trying to push my way through to get what I need so I can get out of the stinking mall and back to my real life. My ankles were not meant for carts to smash into them, and even though you may apologize for hitting my ankle and I will accept your apology... in my mind I am picking you and your cart up over my head and throwing you off a bridge! I know that seems harsh but like I always say: "tough but fair." I just have no patience for shopping this time of year. I really don't have much patience period. If I must, for some reason, find myself in a mall in December I like having a relaxed mind knowing that I don't have to buy anything or wait in line or whatever. Though you find me standing outside a store from which I would never buy anything and holding a purse. If you see me doing so do not comment or I will pick you up over my head and throw you off a bridge... in my head.

Oh the joys of retail. I just can't handle it. I have just returned from the super-store where I had to mail something and pick up a few things. Just a FEW things. A FEW as in 8 or less. So I naturally navigated my way to the "8 or less" line. Yet the wonderful citizen in front of me figured they really meant 108 or more!!!! I'm talking a full load. So I picked them up and threw them off a bridge!! Yeah, in my head.

Happy holiday season in 25 days or less!

No comments: