Sunday, June 19, 2005

Dad

Well for the 3rd year in a row Father's Day has come and I haven't been home. I wish I could have been but my work and everything else that has been going on just hasn't permitted me leaving the Island. So instead of my being home let me just tell you a little bit about my Dad.

My Dad can still woop me... easily. I have not reached that time in my life where I can take him and let me tell you, it still looks pretty far off. Dad is someone who always made time for his kids and had many help, instruction, advice, and wisdom offer. Which is why I still value and seek his opinion on most everything today.

There are many things about my Dad I respect. One of the biggest would have to be his servant's heart. Something I noticed about my Dad from a young age was that if Dad was able to help in anyway for anyone, he was going to do it. Whether he was fixing something, building something, or just an ear, he's there. I also admire his patience, he has way more than I do, and his patience has paid off for me more than a few times.

There are tons of things I love about my Dad that I could go on forever about but who would want to read that? Let me just say this: When I think about the man I want to be like, Dad is pretty high on the list. Its funny, I was looking at pictures of Dad and the dog and saw how she looks at him likes he's the greatest guy in the world... She might be on to something.

2 comments:

John MacDonald said...

That was one of the nicest most sincere things I have ever read today and probably yesterday... and this year...........

TTFN

Anonymous said...

I agree with the fellow above me. You seem like a very sincere man, quite like you desribe your father to be.