Friday, June 03, 2005

June Bugs

Well folks, It's June. And you know what that means, JUNE BUGS! It's like they know the freaking calender or something, right from June first there have been june bugs everywhere, like swarms of them. I don't know about where you are, but here in good ol Charlottetown we have more than our fair share of the delightful light seeking buzzer. Last night I got a call in distress to head over the apartment building just at the end of my street to kill one that was inside and I couldn't believe how many I encountered on the way! I could hear them on all sides and I killed 4 on the road on my way over and 3 on the way back and they were still all over the place. And they are quite a gross little bug arn't they? I mean, they can't hurt you, but they are really gross and crunchy-then gooey when you step on one.

And to continue with our theme of "June Bugs," now that we are in the month of June, I've got a really bad bug that won't go away! I finally, after a week of suffering, went to the clinic last night and now I have to take to HUGE pills at once, once a day for 10 days and it should clear right up they tell me. And these are some expensive pills folks. But you know you're getting the good stuff when they ask, "do you have a drug plan?" before they give you your little sheet of paper that makes all your problems go away. So hopfully it works because right now I can hardly speak... and I have to preach and worship lead on Sunday... oh the fun. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks man. You know, being sick and all, then having to preach! Oh well, hope you fell better soon. ]

TTFN

Ben said...

Thanks man,