Monday, June 27, 2005

Good Weekend

It all started at the camp on Friday when I met with the people who would be working out at the camp this summer (I'll be there for 3 out of 5 weeks) and met several of them for the first time and I'm very impressed with the staff. We time to hang out, build a fire, eat some pizza and drop it on my shorts and we just had a blast. The next day was beautiful and sunny and we just had a great day in the sun, tipping canoes and eating. But none of this could be matched by Sunday when I had the pleasure of baptizing a young man in youth group who has made his decision to follow Christ. What could be more exciting? This is easily the highlight of my work @ Sherwood Church of Christ so far! It set the tone for a great Camp Sunday where there was lots of food, fellowship and fun. I also had the opportunity to preach on Opposition & opportunity that evening. Just a great weekend and I am encouraged!

1 comment:

Stephanie Weare said...

That's sooo... awesome!!! Congrats to the young man I'll keep him in my prayers.