Tuesday, September 21, 2004

20/20

For all of you who pulled in by the catchy title of this post I regret to inform you that it is not about my sight as I have 20/40 vision and I also apologize to all you Barbra Walters fans as this is not about the TV show 20/20... Is that even on anymore? Probably not, and if it is, that sucks! But none of that has anything to do with what anything so lets just forget it and move on! OK? Ok.

I'm just sharing with all you faithful checkers of the sidewalk (which is likely just me and my girlfriend because I make her read it, and perhaps my mother) that yesterday I turned 20 on the 20th. My champagne birthday. Although I didn't drink any champagne... Maybe next time... wait. So yeah, not a teenager anymore. Man do I feel old! Yes, I'm finding as I've found many times that somehow I'm not as in touch with everything as I was. Holy Cow! I'm only 20 and my youth group kids talk about bands and TV shows and other pop culture and I don't have a sweet clue what they're are talking about. Most of the time I write it off as them being simple (cause there is NO WAY its me!) but I'm realizing, I need to pay more attention.

This is all very random really... When I sat down I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to write but this isn't quite what I was going to do. I sound like I just turned 40 or something. Its funny, because honestly, I don't feel any older really. And people have mistaken me for being much older than I am for quite a while. It could be because I never really fell, in my own opinion, into that teenage niche. I never really ever reached the point where I felt I was "cool." I didn't think I was a loser, which may have been a mistake too! But I never did get to the point where I was "too cool" to participate in things, or hang out at my grandparents place or tell my parents I loved them regardless of who was around before heading out on a school trip. I just never got to the point where I was that kind of "cool."

But either way, I am now 20 years old and still NOT COOL! haha, maybe there's still hope and I'm a late bloomer... or maybe I am a loser! One way or the other I am 2o years old, turned 20 on the 20th and it has likely taken you 20 freaking minutes to read all this!

Wow, you just read this whole random thing even though its really long and about nothing and I'm the loser? I may not be the only one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think YOU're old?? You know nothing of old, bucko. I was 27 the day before your 20th so don't come crying to me!! Old is seeing some young punk posting a comment about how old 20 is on his blog - who reads these things anyway? And besides, i don't even HAVE a sidewalk so why would i claim ownership? You know what it means to ASSUME. Punk. Kids these days, i tell ya.... no respect.... now THAT's a rant! :)

Hope your b-day was a good one and have fun kickin' it on the isle, old school! (i don't know what that means....)

-Old Man K.

Robbie Sevilla said...

Wow Mr. Foreman, some of your readers do really do...yes that's right do leave weird comments...except mine. I just want to say...a Happy Belated B-day...as you can see I haven't noticed..cause ya know...school stuff...well hope you're having fun...peace

RAAS

Chelsey Lee said...

yup..im a loser alright! but then again i hardly know you and i read your blog.. pretty Stupid Of Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!