Saturday, September 18, 2004

The Opening Kick-Off

Well we've had our kick off sleepover at Canoe Cove for Sherwood youth group and we're ready to start up another year. We played games that the youth actually played and they listened when Dan spoke. That is amazing for our group! I was very impressed. We had a great time and I hope this sets the tone for the year. There are so many things that God has done for, to, and with us all over the summer and I really hope we can all be open to his leading this year.

This weekend we also had the opportunity to make another one of our great youth group videos. And in the process I got to watch one of our Sr. High youth fall off a chair on to his butt while kicking the chair out from someone else!! TOO FUNNY! And we've got it on tape! Life is good.

But on a sad note, we are saying Good-bye to one of our leaders. My brother Dan is moving on to New Glasgow to see what he can get going there. Well, I say "WE" but I really mean the youth, because... Lets face it, I live with the guy! I wont miss him, I see him every freaking day!! In fact, sometimes I wish he WOULD leave!!! Not really, we're great pals and I'm just trying (unsuccessfully) to be funny so we'll end with that! Good kick-off, hope it's a good year!
Prayers are always appreciated!

3 comments:

Katherine Karen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katherine Karen said...

hey, just saying happy birthday for sept. 20th, hope its a good one and so much more, miss ya tons, take it easy*

Anonymous said...

ahh! get rid of that video! it was me who fell off the chair after the other person kicked it from underneath me!! how embarrassing!