Monday, September 13, 2004

What was that?

Today's lunch was brought to me in part by: McDonald's. Ahhhh the time of year when you buy one and get one free no matter what it is. Well I'm waiting and wishing that if I had a clue that I might have been able to pass the second one on for free to the person in front of me. It seems now that some people from the schools are unable to remove their headphones from their heads... EVER! Maybe if they do they'll die. I can just imagine what is playing on those things now... "breathe in, breathe out..." Anyways, this young, exemplary, hero of a citizen made his attempt to order but was unable to hear the lady at the cash because he had those freaking headphones on. I stood there and chuckled to myself and thought, "what a meat-head." But its funny how we do that in our own lives. This boy wanted his lunch but he wasn't willing to remove his headphones and it was quite a lengthy process. He wanted to get to the goal but didn't want to make the sacrifice of getting there. Sometimes we do that too. Whether it's a relationship we want to further without putting the time in. Or a goal we want to accomplish without putting the work in. So the next time you're in line waiting for your Big Mac, remove those headphones buddy and get it. If not for you're own sake, then for mine... I really hate waiting.

No comments: