Thursday, September 16, 2004

Led To Lead

So we had our second Leadership class of the semester tonight and it is rapidly becoming my favorite class. Our Profs are Tom Marshall and James Nicholson. And as we discuss the attributes of leadership and talk developing those qualities and gifts my mind wonders to how I came to think that I could ever have been a leader in the first place. How is that? Where along the line did I think it was something I could pursue? But it occurs to me as I learn to lead that it was because someone took interest in, mentored and LED me in this way that I am able to contribute to this class. I had a great Mentor, Murray Spencer, who took interest in me and really showed me what it was to be a Christian and how to (try to) show others. We are in a great class with people I would very willing to follow but I as I sit there I remember the one who set the example to me that if you want to learn to lead you have to follow sometimes and if you want to be a leader you have to be a servant. The way Christ did it, and the way it was shown to me and I still need to be reminded of.

Now that we are coming to the point where we are taking the roles of leadership (my generation) I hope I can fill the duty to someone else the way it was done for me.

No comments: